Committee Profile: Justine Hall


Justine Hall – President

What did you study at Swinburne? 
Master of Commerce (Marketing). During my studies I completed ‘leading teams’ elective, part of the Master of Science in Leadership Program (GLP - Global Leadership Program), delivered jointly by Swinburne University and Northeastern University, Boston, USA.            
I also completed the My Mentor Program - Challenging Women to Make It Happen!’. My Mentor is a leadership and career mentoring program aimed for women to develop managerial skills and lead a team. Australian leading organisations have participated in the program including Telstra, PWC, ANZ and the Commonwealth Bank.

What motivates you when you study?
Writing my goals down and pinning them on my notice board in my room. Listening to music, my favourite is Emperor of the Sun - Walking on a Dream.

When did you join Golden Key? 
2012

What Golden Key positions have you held?
President, Swinburne (May 2017 - current)
Vice President, Swinburne (May 2015 - May 2017)
Asia-Pacific 2106 Conference Steering Committee Member (Sept 2015 - Feb 2016)
Academic Officer, Swinburne (May 2014 - May 2015)
Professional Development Officer - Team Leader, Swinburne (May 2012 - May 2014)

Proudest Golden Key achievement?
Winning the Asia-Pacific Postgraduate Study Award (scholarship). I achieved the Dean’s Top Student Award for Brand Dynamics.
                                                                                                                                   
Most memorable Golden Key moment?
Introducing Alex Malley, Chief Executive Officer CPA Australia, at the Golden Key Asia-Pacific 2016 Conference. I have always wanted to meet him. There was an opportunity to introduce keynote speakers at the conference, so I put my name down. When I found out Alex was going to be a keynote speaker I jumped at the chance. I will never forget the hug he gave me after I introduced him at the conference.

Surprising Golden Key moment?
During my final year of university, I participated in the Swinburne University’s Faculty of Business and Enterprise Leaders Program. The program matched a later year student with a new undergraduate student, creating a mentor/mentee relationship in how to settle into university life. I saw my mentee later on at the Swinburne Golden Key New Members Reception. She is a Golden Key member!

Best thing of being a Swinburne Golden Key committee member? 
Working with passionate people who care about giving back to the community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the 2019 Golden Key Leadership Committee!

Backpack 4 Kidz

New Members Reception 2017 - Perspective of a New Member